Sirloin steak is a typical beef cut and the first choice of the majority of beef lovers. It has fine and firm texture; richness in its flavor and is perfectly suitable for barbecuing and grilling. Nevertheless, it is known by different names, which causes a lot of confusion when trying to interpret recipes; order at restaurants or buy from the local supermarkets or butchers. Also, this is a well-flavored steak that needs to be prepared carefully and even rested adequately for ensuring that it is not hard and chewy. Generally cut from the big back muscle that is attached to a cow’s spine, the steak has a more substantial and beefier flavor in comparison to a rib eye steak or a fillet. Two popular recipes that use this cut are:
Beef Stir-Fry With Couscous
This is a satisfying recipe that consists of sliced sirloin. The steak is skillet-cooked with vegetables in tangy barbecue sauce and then served on a layer of beef-flavored couscous.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- Boneless sirloin: 1 to ¼ pounds in 1-inch thickness
- Dry couscous: 1 cup
- Beef broth: 1 can
- Red bell pepper: 1 medium
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Vidalia or sweet onion: ½ cup
- Fresh parsley: 1 tbsp
- Barbecue sauce: ½ cup
- You will need parsley sprigs for garnishing.
- Cut it in 1/2 inch lengthwise and then crosswise in ¼ inch thick pieces or strips. Keep aside.
- Take a saucepan and boil beef broth. Add the couscous and cover the pan. Remove it from heat.
- Take a big non-stick skillet and heat oil in it. Now add beef, half at a time and keep stirring for one to two minutes. Remove cooked beef from skillet.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry onion, and bell pepper for two to three minutes until the ingredients turn crisp and tender.
- Again add beef to the skillet and stir in the barbecue sauce. Keep stirring for one to two minutes.
- Arrange the entire blend on couscous and garnish with chopped parsley and parsley sprigs.
Lemon-Pepper Beef Top Sirloin Steak Salad
This is a steak salad that features a nutritious blend of lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon, garlic and lemon pepper tossed with thickly sliced Sirloin, parmesan, and greens.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- Boneless sirloin: 1 to1/4 pound cut in 1 inch thick pieces
- Parmesan cheese: ¼ cup
- Salad greens: 1 package
For Dressing, You Need:
- Olive oil: 1 cup
- Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
- Dijon mustard: 1 Tsp
- Lemon pepper: 1 tbsp
- Garlic: 2 cloves
- Take a medium size container and whisk the dressing ingredients together. Remove and keep aside around ¼ cup for salad greens.
- Cut the steak lengthwise and then crosswise in ½ inch thick strips. Now add beef to the remaining dressing.
- Heat a big non-stick skillet and stir in beef. Fry it for two to three minutes. Remove beef from skillet.
- Take a large bowl and combine the salad greens along with the reserved dressing. Add cheese and toss lightly.
- Now arrange the whole thing on greens and garnish the way you want.
Savoring sirloin steak in the right quality can never be easier than trying out the recipes mentioned above either for dinner or for lunch.