My kids love to eat sausage, and they jump with excitement whenever I make some dishes with these sausages. Here are three recipes that my kids love to savor and yours will too.
1. Pepperoni And Sausage Pizza
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yields: 8 slices
– Pizza crust, 1
– Tomato sauce, ½ cup
– Dried oregano, a ¼ teaspoon
– Thyme, dried, ¼ teaspoon
– Dried basil, a ¼ teaspoon
– Kosher salt, a ½ teaspoon
– Black pepper, a ¼ teaspoon
– Pepperoni sliced, ½ cup
– Sausage, casing removed, 1 link
– Mozzarella cheese, sliced thinly, 6 ounces
• Turn the oven heat to 400°F to preheat.
• Take a skillet and put it on medium-high heat. Cook the sausage until its brown. Break the sausages to bite-size pieces. When they become brown, allow it to cool down. Set it aside for later uses.
• Spread half cup tomato sauce on the pizza dough leaving a ½ inch from the edge. Sprinkle oregano, thyme, basil, pepper, and salt over the sauce.
• Put the mozzarella slices across the pizza. Arrange the pepperoni and sausage slices over the mozzarella slices.
• Place the pizza on the oven rack and bake it for 8-10 minutes or till the edge of the pizza crust becomes golden. See whether the cheese has melted.
• Your pizza is ready. Slice it and serve.
2. Sausage Breakfast Burger
Preparation Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
Yields: Serves 6
– Mayonnaise, ½ cup
– Ketchup, 3 tablespoons
– Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon
– Kosher Salt
– Black Pepper, freshly cracked
For Sausage Burger
– Ground beef, 1 pound
– Spicy sausage, casing removed, ½ pound
– Worcestershire sauce, 2 tablespoons
– Garlic powder, a ½ teaspoon
– Kosher salt
– Black pepper, freshly cracked
– Canola oil, divided, 2 tablespoons
– Cheddar, 6 slices
– Toasted brioche buns, 6
– Fried eggs, 6
– Cooked bacon, 6 slices, cut in half
– Tomato slices, 6 tomatoes
– Lettuce leaves, whole, 6
• In a bowl, whisk mustard, mayonnaise, ketchup, pepper, and salt. Keep it the sauce in the refrigerator.
• Put a parchment pepper over a baking sheet. Take a bowl and add sausage, beef, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix all with your hand.
• Make 6 patties and place them on your prepared baking sheet. Cover it and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
• Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a skillet over the medium-high heat. Place the burgers in the skillet and cook each side for 4 minutes. At last, minute, add a cheese slice on each patty.
• Repeat until all patties are ready. Split each bun. In it spread the sauce on both sides. Put the sausage-cheeseburgers in the middle.
• Top it with poached egg, bacon pieces, tomato slice, and lettuce. Cover the top of the bun, and the burger is ready.
3. Butter Garlic Sausage Subs
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yields: Serves 4
– Butter, ¼ cup
– Garlic cloves, finely grated, 2
– Chopped parsley, ¼ cup
– Kosher salt, a ¼ teaspoon
– Sub rolls, 4
– Olive oil, 1 tablespoon
– Italian sausage, 1 pound
– Mariana sauce, 2 cups
– Mozzarella cheese, 8 ounces
– Basil leaves, ¼ cup, thinly sliced
• Preheat the oven at 450°F. Arrange a bowl. In it combine butter, parsley, garlic, and salt. Slice the sub rolls lengthwise.
• Place the rolls on a baking sheet. Spread butter mixture over the cut sides of the rolls. Bake it for 8 minutes until the rolls become golden.
• Take a skillet. Heat the oil in it. In the hot oil, cook the sausages breaking up into small chunks. Cook and occasionally stir for 7 minutes until it gets golden brown. Pour the marinara sauce and mix well with the sausages for about 2 minutes.
• Into the sub rolls, spread the sausage mixture. Top it with cheese and bell pepper (only if you want).
• Again put it in the oven. Cook till the cheese melts. Sprinkle basil leave and serve.