This goat curry is very famous in India. However, goat curry is easy to cook and a delightful dish to have it in lunch. Although it can take one hour to prepare, it is worth waiting for the recipe.
However, this goat curry is one of the best dishes and a famous dish that everyone likes to cook. Cook this goat meat with all the whole spices to get a perfect flavorful goat curry.
- You don’t have to add any liquid as the goat meat, tomatoes, and onions can release some liquids.
- You can add goat stew, or you can even use goat bones, which are cut into pieces. Make sure to cut all the pieces into the same size.
- Ensure that you marinate the goat meat for some time before preparing the dish. To tenderize your goat meat, you can marinate in curd or yoghurt with all the whole spices.
- Most people add goat liver in the curry to get more flavour in the curry.
- You can use a pressure cooker for cooking the goat curry, as it can save your half time in preparation.
- Most people garam masala to this goat curry to get some spiciness in the curry.
Ingredients Of Goat Curry
- 1.5 pounds of goat meat
- 1.5 cups of chopped red onions
- One tbsp. of ginger and garlic paste
- One cup of chopped tomatoes
- One cinnamon stick
- 1 ½ cup of peppercorn coarsely
- Two bay leaves
- Two cardamom pods
- Two tbsp. of vegetable oil
- One tbsp. of ghee
- One tsp. of cumin seeds
- Two tsp. of kosher salt
- A tsp. turmeric powder
- One tsp. of paprika
- One tsp. chilli powder
Instructions Of Goat Curry
Step- 1: Take a pan; pour oil and heat it for a few minutes. Meanwhile, chop the onions and tomatoes. Place all the ingredients nearby. Make sure you wash the meat and drain it.
Step- 2: Now, add all the spices in the oil and sauté. Then again, add ginger garlic paste and onions. Stir it continuously on the low flame. Cook it until onions change into golden brown.
Step- 3: Now, add goat meat in the pan. Cook it until it turns into a dark colour. Cook it on a low flame and stir it occasionally.
Step- 4: After the meat turns into a dark colour, then add salt, turmeric, coriander powder, and tomatoes.
Step- 5: Always stir it continuously and ensure you are covering the pan with a lid. Cook it for at least forty minutes.
Step- 6: Remove the heat when the meat is cooked. This goat curry will be close enough to make a dry dish. You can add some water if you needed, and cook it for ten minutes. Ensure that you cover with a lid every time.
Step- 7: Now, your curry is ready. You can serve with rice or bread. Even quinoa will be an excellent option with this goat’s curry. Besides, it will be delicious if you serve with naan, roti, raita, and a salad. Before serving, you can garnish the dish with coriander leaves.