Beef is one of such meat items that won’t cost a fortune for you. They are available at an affordable price, and this easy braised beef short ribs recipe is pretty simple too. Do you know that these short ribs are one of the tasty cuts of beef? Yes, although they are available at affordable prices, this natural braised beef is something that you will fall in love with immediately. Ensure to simmer these ribs so that their taste stays intact and you will get to enjoy it.
Easy Braised Beef Ingredients
- Flour- ½ cup
- Salt- ½ teaspoon
- Pepper- ½ teaspoon
- Beef short ribs- 4 lb.
- Non-extra virgin olive oil- 2 tablespoons
- Carrot-1 large and chopped
- Onion- 1 large and chopped
- Celery- 2 stalks, chopped
- Garlic cloves- 6 chopped
- Beef Stock- 1 ½ liter
- Parsley- 1 tablespoon, fresh
- Red wine- 500ml.
Easy Braised Beef Short Ribs Recipe
- Preheat the oven at 350F.
- Take a plate and mix flour, salt, and pepper. Now take the beef ribs and roll them in the flour. Mix this entire beef as much as possible. Ensure that you adequately cover all the ribs flour. Well, this is very important.
Frying The Ribs
- Take a large pan and heat oil in it. Now cook each rib on all the sides. Ensure that you fry all sides of the bones properly. It will take around five minutes for each piece of a rib to fry. Wait until you fry all the ribs properly.
- It is better to add some ribs at a time. Do not add a lot of ribs at one time because it may prevent all the ribs from cooking properly.
- All the rib pieces should turn into brown color.
- Now in the same pan, add the chopped vegetables (onion, celery, garlic, and carrots). Sauté them until the onions turn into brown color. It will take 3-5 minutes.
- Now add the beef broth that you have. It is always better to prefer broth, but if you have stock cubes, you can add them to the beef too. Let this broth boil along with the veggies. After it boils entirely, adds the red wine.
- Now add short ribs to this pot and cover it with a lid.
- Season it with salt and pepper.
- Now put this pot in the preheated oven.
- The temperature of the oven should be 250F and let the bowl sit in it for two and a half to three hours.
- To know whether the beef ribs are cooked or not, check the meat present in the bone. If it falls off, then the beef is cooked.
- You can serve this braised beef short ribs dish along with the mashed potatoes. It is an economical dish with a simple recipe.
Some Cooking tips
The butcher usually minces these ribs, so get there and ask him to chop them into small pieces. Do not remove rib bones while you are putting it in the oven. These bones will add that extra flavor to the entire dish. The beef ribs preparation process won’t take more than 20 minutes, so you don’t have to worry about time here.