Sweet and sour Meatballs are primarily made from ground pork which is shaped into balls and then cooked with sweet & sour sauce. To prepare this, you have two common types of meat options: fork and beef. These two types of meats are a great option when you want to prepare this recipe because they have great texture and flavor that activate your taste Buds. You can serve it over rice, and kids also love this recipe. Let’s know more about it.
Ingredients We Need For Sweet And Sour Meatballs
* 1/2kg ground pork or ground beef
* 2 stalks green chopped onions
* 1 small onion chopped finely
* 3 minced garlic cloves
* 1 beaten egg
* 1/4 cup soya sauce
* salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients For Sauce
* 1 green bell pepper cut into strips
* 1 small carrot
* 1 medium pineapple chunks
* 1 small chopped onion
* 3 cloves minced garlic
* 2 tablespoon sugar
* 2 tablespoon ketchup
* 2 tbsp cornstarch
* 2 cup water
*1/4 cup soya sauce
* salt to taste
Serving for: 4 people
Level of cooking: Easy
Origin of cuisine: Filipino and Chinese
Directions For Sweet And Sour Meatballs
- First of all, in a mixing ball, mix and combine ground pork, beaten egg, green onions, soya sauce, onion, and garlic, and season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- In the second step, make a round-shaped 1-inch size of balls by rolling the remaining meet. Then fry the Meatballs in hot cooking oil until they become Brown, and then drain the excess oil and keep them aside on a platter.
- In the third step, Saute garlic and onion in a pan, then Pour water, soy sauce, ketchup, sugar, and Pineapple juice in it and then bring to boil.
- In the fourth step, place them in carrots, pineapple chunks, and bell peppers. Then season them with salt and pepper and stir vegetables until they tender. Stir for a few minutes after adding cornstarch until sauce thickens, then turn off the heat.
- In the final step for serving the Meatballs, place the Meatballs on a platter and pour the sauce all over them, and serve with hot steamed rice.
Nutritional Facts Of sweet and Sour Meatballs
One medium meatball of 30g has 51 calories, Total fat: 1.6g, cholesterol: 12mg, sodium: 82mg, Potassium: 51mg, Total carbohydrates 6.7 gram, Protein: 2.6g.
When you cook sweet and sour Meatballs, the meat slice can affect the impression that you can give up on serving your meal. This ball shape structure can attract your eyesight at the same time it makes you try it instantly. When you cook this recipe, make sure that you maintain the tenderness and the juiciness of the ingredients in it.