Though there is certainly nothing wrong with seasoning the lamb with basic salt and pepper, isn’t it great sometimes to cook the steak with a little extra effort and do something unusual?
This Lamb chops infused with pomegranate sauce flavors makes for a self-indulgent meal that too done in just 20 minutes! When you make lamb chops, it is always a great idea to either marinade them or to cook them with some sauce. It helps the meat to tenderize and brew with flavors!
The meal is super flavorful, sumptuous, and comes together fast. The pomegranate sauce makes the meat extra juicy, some of which trickles over the lamb.
This recipe is the best decision to cook during holiday seasons to enjoy a dinner party with your loved ones.
Lamb Chops With Pomegranate Sauce
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
For Lamb Chops:
- 8 pieces of lamb, cut individually
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
For Crispy Shallots:
- 1 minced shallot
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- Pomegranate sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp arrowroot
- Some pomegranate seeds
- Rosemary leaves
- Begin the process by preheating the broiler on high.
- In the meantime, coat lamb pieces with spices and oil.
- Then put the spiced lamb chops on a lined baking sheet. Allow them to broil on high for around 5 to 6 minutes on every side. Keep aside until then; we will do further preparation.
- So, now we will make the crispy shallots.
- For this, heat oil and sauté shallots in a small pan for about 5 to 10 minutes. Stir them frequently until they are crispy. Note: Do not overcook or they will be burnt.
- Now we will make the sauce for the lamb meal.
- Combine the pomegranate juice, honey, balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar in a pan and whisk.
- (Tip: You can also prepare your pomegranate juice in the home only by blending one cup of pomegranate seeds in the food processor.)
- Put it on a medium flame and bring to a boil.
- After that, turn the heat to low and stir in the arrowroot.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for around 5 to 6 minutes until you see that the pomegranate sauce has thickened. Tip: Check if the sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Transfer the lamb chops on a platter. Then top them up with crispy shallots.
- Next, drizzle the prepared pomegranate sauce over them.
- Garnish your lamb meal with rosemary leaves and a dash of pomegranate seeds.
- Serve quickly.
- You will love this meaty dish while conversating with your family and pals!
- Tip: You can also serve this delicious meal with sides of choice such as mashed potatoes, roasted veggies, or cauliflower mash. Chops served with some mash make as awesome pair as well as doubles the treat!